12 Jul Strength Training
Why Strength Training is Awesome!
There are an abundance of workout styles and combinations. Core Motion Fitness boot camp workouts purposefully encompass flexibility, strength, and cardio. By varying workouts, we’re able to help people of all fitness levels work towards a smorgasbord of fitness goals. This week, let’s hone in on all that strength training has to offer.
You probably know (and can attest) incorporating strength training exercises into your workouts helps tone and build muscle, BUT there are more to the benefits of strength training than you might think.
Take a moment to read this article by Everyday Health, “7 Ways Strength Training Boosts Your Health and Fitness.” Here are the CliffsNotes for you. Strength training:
- Makes you stronger and fitter
- Protects bone health and muscle mass
- Helps keep the weight off for good
- Helps you develop better body mechanics
- Can help with chronic disease management
- Boosts energy levels and improves your mood
- Translates to more calories burned
Pretty cool, huh? Next time you’re debating whether or not to workout, take your pick from the list above and know that your body appreciates your effort.