24 Mar Self Awareness for life long health
Socrates said it best, “To know thyself is the beginning of wisdom.” That’s it. If you want to be successful and make progress towards where you’d like to see yourself, we have to be life-long learners. And what better topic to study and take note about than…yourself!
This week, we are focusing on harnessing the superpower of self-awareness as we engage in healthy habits every day. You’ve probably discovered by now that nutrition and movement are highly personalized habits that come with a lot of choices.
Here are a few questions to ask yourself daily as you aim to create lifelong healthy habits by making daily choices that can lead to a life of experiencing results that keep you motivated for more.
- Why do I want to live a healthy lifestyle?
- What am I doing well related to nutrition and movement?
- What are areas that I would like to improve?
- Am I doing my best to live healthy?
- What is my relationship with physical activity like?
- What is my relationship with food like?
- Am I really hungry? Or is there something else going on and that’s why I’m eating?
- Do I find myself eating as a reaction to my emotions?
- Do I believe that I can engage in a healthy lifestyle now and in the future?
And many more! There are so many questions that are helpful to pause and explore. What other questions would you add to this list?
By Victoria Emmitt RD