17 Mar Self Assess
As we march into spring, there’s no time like the present to pause and self-assess. One thing I’ve learned about aiming to live a healthy lifestyle is that positive daily habits executed with consistency can yield big results. And it’s relieving to know there are a variety of ways to track wins when it comes to your health and well-being.
This week, let’s look at a menu of health habits from our list below and assess your satisfaction with your follow through and routines in these areas. Check in with yourself today and then again at the end of the week to see how it went now that these are fresh on your mind.
Use the red, yellow, green rating system to decide where you stand regarding each of the habits listed (and others that are important to you), then reassess your progress and follow through.
- Green – “Crushing it!”
- Yellow – “Eh, not my best, but not my worst.”
- Red – “Whoops! Time to hit refresh and get back at it.”
Daily Menu of Habits
- Knowledge and awareness of your food and movement habits
- Meal planning or prepping for the following day or week
- Hydrating well
- Eating veggies (about half your plate) in at least two meals
- Getting 7-9 hours of sleep
- Keeping a regular wake and bed times.
- Moving at moderate intensity for at least 30 minutes
- Full body stretching
- Practicing mindfulness or meditation for 5-30 minutes
- Writing in a gratitude journal
So how are you doing?! We’d love to hear it.
By Victoria Emmitt RD