21 Oct Health: Circumstances
We’re continuing our series about health. We have defined the term health and asked ourselves tough questions about our habits and their relationship and impact on our health.
This week, we want to look at the circumstances of our life and how they affect our health. In a perfect world, it’s easy to dream up what our life would look like to enable us to feel our best. It’s easy to joke about celebrities having personal trainers and personal chefs who cater to them and make the healthy choice the easy choice day in and day out. But when we stop and think about our current set of life circumstances, how do they contribute or take away from the potential to achieve our best health.
Here are a few questions to guide this reflection:
- Does your current lifestyle reflect your intentions to be healthy?
- Do the current relationships in your life inspire you towards healthy living?
- How do you feel about your professional life and schedule?
- Do you have the resources you need to plan and prepare healthy meals?
- Do you have a community who are also pursuing healthy living?
- Do the movies, shows, podcasts, and books that engage you inspire you to live healthy?
- In your current season of life, are you prioritizing your health and well-being?
Even though life is short, we know that a lot of life happens during our time on earth. We hope this helps you pause and consider how your current set of life circumstances contributes to the state of your health.
By Victoria Emmitt RD