10 Sep CEO of your health
Did you know that you are a CEO? Yes, you. I don’t know you personally, but I do know that you are the Chief Executive Officer of your own life including your human body. It sounds funny, but when you really think about it, there comes a time in life that we become responsible for our own health. Long gone are the days where our parents or caregivers took us to our well-child visits. Now it’s up to us.
If you have health insurance, you probably know that preventative health exams and age appropriate screenings are included in our insurance benefits. However, it’s up to you to carve out the time, schedule, and attend those appointments to stay proactive in your health.
This month, we are focusing on taking ownership of our own health and wellness and highlighting different aspects of wellness and identifying how we feel about our progress, setbacks, choices, etc. in each area. We will use a series of questions to pause and answer honestly with ourselves to assess the status of our personal health responsibility.
Today, let’s talk about nutrition.
- Do you know how to fuel your body for your best health?
- How do you feel about the food choices you have made this week?
- What is your relationship and self-talk with food like?
- If you drink alcohol, do you think you are drinking responsibly and within reason for your health?
- If you are struggling with balanced nutrition, do you have a support group or person that you can resource for encouragement and help?
For more information about healthy nutrition, check out one of our favorite websites: The Nutrition Source.
By Victoria Emmitt RD